Over the next 3-4 months the Car of the Day features will be quite sporadic, probably reduced to three per week. The reason for this is that I am building a new web site. I have never been completely happy with this current version - it was simply a quick one I threw together between jobs after leaving Carsguide.
Presently I am Project Managing a very large digital redevelopment project for the City of Sydney, so time spent on my own projects is lmited to my train commute. The quality of writng has been decreasing and the amount of typos increasing, so the intent is to do less but better during the development of the new site.
The new site will be developed in HTML5 and CSS3 rather than using the Blogger platform. This will give me more flexibility and provide better functionality.
I hope you all stick around - please call back weekly.
Car of the Day - Hennessey Venom GT pt 2
Hennessey has delivered Chassis Number 01 and in doing so managed to move beyond the realms of Tuner or Vapourware producer to become a fully fledged exotic car builder.
01 gets the twin-turbo Chevrolet LS-series aluminum V8, which has been dynoed to 933 hp at the rear wheels. Stated bench figures are 1,200 hp and 1,135 lb-ft torque .
The 2,548 lbs Elise based rocket was delivered from Silverstone in England to the UAE via the Middle East distributor, Al DiMora of DiMora Motorcar.
"This is the fulfillment of a dream that I have had since I was a kid", says company founder, John Hennessey. "But it is also just the beginning as we begin to demonstrate the performance capabilities of the Venom GT in the near future".
> COTD - Archive
- Car of the Day - Website Update Notice
- Car of the Day - Hennessey Venom GT pt 2
- Car of the Day - Ferrari 250 GT Zagato
- Car of the Day - Ferrari 250 GT Tour d'France - 13...
- Car of the Day - GM EcoJet Concept - Jay Leno
- Car of the Day - Aston Martin DB5 - James Bond
- Car of the Day - Aston Martin LMP1
- Car of the Day - Aston Martin Rapide N24
- Car of the Day - BMW M3 GT2 Art Car - Jeff Koon...
- Car of the Day - Ferrari 575 GTC Evoluzione
- Car of the Day - Hulme CanAm
- ▼ June (11)